Aug 11, 2016
There's nothing like some awesome Celtic music when you're on a
long road. This week, you'll get some from Colin Farrell,
Socks in the Frying Pan, The Wild Clover, Con Durham & Maz
O'Flaherty, Hank Cramer, Emerald Rose, Kosaka Kazuhiko, Carl
Peterson, McFlooseys, The Logues, Angus Mohr, Dust Rhinos, Flatfoot
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20 to help me create next year's Best Celtic Music 2016 episode.
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. We're going to Brittany in 2017. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* Want your Celtic music played on the podcast? Submit using our form at 4celts.com.
* The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast is successful thanks to people like you. Your generous pledge of as little as $1 per episode covers the cost of producing the show. And 10% of your pledges go back to non-profits to support and build our Celtic communities. Best of all, whenever we hit a milestone, you get an extra-long episode. We are working towards a two-hour special on Celtic Women. Become a Patron of the Podcast today, because we are helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music. Special thanks our latest Patron: Lynda MacNeil, Mark Allison, Larry McCloskey. We are just $48 away from that next special.
* I also want to send out a big thanks to everyone who supported the release of my latest album, Pirates vs. Dragons. It climbed as high as #9 on all of CD Baby, where it has pretty much stayed since the CD was released last month. You can find the album on CD Baby, Amazon, iTunes, Spotify and all of the main online sales sites. Thank you if you supported it. If you want to find out more, go to savedragons.com
* If you enjoy the music in this show, then you might also enjoy our Facebook video shows. The Celtic Music News show goes out on Mondays, and each show is between 3-5 minutes.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
Non Negabit Nos wrote on iTunes: "With Marc Gunn's pdocast, there is no way that I could listen to this much Celtic music! Yes, tehre are other Celtic music sources out there, but you have to go find them and open your account each time. In 3 keystrokes, you are rocking to the best Celtic music programming anywhere."
dustermh53j wrote on iTunes: "Another pint of sweat! Thanks Marc. I listen at the gym and get lost in the reels and songs. It pleases my mind and keeps me from thinking about that one last mile or next five lifts. Keep up the good work!"
Caitlin Chonchoille wrote on iTunes: "Just started listening to this podcast. So far I am loving the playlists! Looking forward to catching up on previous episodes."
0:27 "The Moving Note" by Colin Farrell from Make A Note
4:45 "Aoife Johnsons Freakout 9" by Socks in the Frying Pan from Socks in the Frying Pan
8:00 "Biddy Mulligan" by The Wild Clover Band from Behind the Blarney
11:42 "Jigs: Port Tom Mhic, The Old Kesh, Maurice Quinn's, Poirt Ó Chorca" by Con Durham & Maz O'Flaherty from Ar An Sli
14:32 "You Hilo Man" by Hank Cramer from Loosely Celtic
17:26 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
18:56 "Drombeg" by Emerald Rose from Sunwise
24:22 "The South Wind" by Kosaka Kazuhiko from Harper's Dream
26:36 "Road and the Miles to Dundee" by Carl Peterson from The Flowers of Scotland
30:40 "Reels" by McFlooseys from One Night in Dublin
34:47 CELTIC FEEDBACK
36:07 "Poitin Valley" by The Logues from Tough at the Bottom
40:40 "Andy Renwick's Favourite Ferret" by Angus Mohr from The Monster in the Box
43:20 "Drank the Whole Town Dry" by Dust Rhinos from I Should Behave
46:24 "The Long Road" by Flatfoot 56 from Knuckles Up
51:11 "Bonnie House of Airlie" by Tullamore from Timber & Stream
VOTE IN THE CELTIC TOP 20. It's easier than ever to do. Just list the show number, and the name of one or two bands. That's it. You can vote once for each episode help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. Promote Celtic culture through music at celticmusicpodcast.com.