Happy Halloween! Irish & Celtic Music Podcast is back with another Celtic Halloween special with music from Faerydae, Barleyjuice, Spencer Murray & Pipeslinger, Burning Bridget Cleary, Anne Roos, Crepuscule, Steve Holloway, Dust Rhinos, Beltaine, Doolin’, Whalebone, Kilted Kings, Jasper Coal, Socks in the Frying Pan, Water Street Bridge, Bill Grogan’s Goat, The Shams.
Do you support Celtic music, then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20 to help me create next year’s Best Celtic Music 2016 episode.
Today’s show is brought to you by Celtic Invasion Vacations
Travel will change your life. It opens your eyes to the mysterious and makes historical events come alive. In 2017, you can experience the culture, history and legends of Brittany with the next Celtic Invasion Vacation. You’ll join a small group of 8-10 invaders who love Celtic music and culture like you, and who love to travel. Brittany is one of the seven Celtic nations and is located in Northwest France. The Breton language is related closely to Welsh and Cornish. Subscribe to the mailing list to join a Free Webinar in November on “Breaking Down the Celtic Travel Barrier”. Join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* Thanks to Hank Woodward who sent me a bunch of Halloween song suggestions
* Hear more Celtic Halloween and Samhain songs in past shows.
* I want to send out a big thanks to the patrons of the podcast. Your generous pledge of as little as $1 per episode pays for the production of this podcast as well as my time in producing the show. You get a personal podcast feed where you can listen to the show before regular subscribers, occasional extended editions of the show, and my deepest thanks. When we hit a milestone, you get a 2-hour special. We are $8 away from Two Amazing, ON FIRE Hours of Celtic music by some of the HOTTEST Celtic artists Burning It Up online! Join now and I’ll also send you a free Irish & Celtic Music Podcast bumper sticker in October. A super special thanks to our newest patrons: Yves Bouyssounouse, Ashley Taylor. Become a patron today to celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you’re doing while listening. Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That’s 678-235-8763.
This Week in Celtic Music
0:41 “The Fiery Warlocks” by Faerydae from Changeling
5:47 “Tim Finnegan’s Wake” by Barleyjuice from Six Yanks
9:53 “Strong Ciders” by Spencer Murray & Pipeslinger from Sound & Fury
14:23 “The Elfin Knight” by Burning Bridget Cleary from Totes for Goats
18:05 “Roslin Castle & The Woods of Kilmurry” by Anne Roos from A Light in the Forest
24:15 “Jack Ward” by Crepuscule from Horizon
28:28 “Geese in the Bog/Mist Covered Mountain/Queen of the Fair” by Steve Holloway from Next Stop, Seelie Court
34:47 CELTIC PODCAST NEWS
35:32 “Mad Tom of Bedlam” by Dust Rhinos from I Should Behave
38:42 “Jump at Samhain’s Fire” by Beltaine from Jump at Samhain’s Fire
40:50 “Ballad of Hollis Brown” by Doolin’ from Doolin’
45:29 “King of the Fairies” by Whalebone from Rootsy Folky Live and Funky
48:37 “Ride On” by Kilted Kings from Name On My Soul
53:42 CELTIC FEEDBACK
55:19 “My Son John/George’s Favorite” by Jasper Coal from Just the One
59:02 “The Halloween Set” by Socks in the Frying Pan from Socks in the Frying Pan
1:03:27 “Matty Groves” by Water Street Bridge from Danse Macabre
1:06:55 “Pumpkin’s Fancy” by Bill Grogan’s Goat from Second Wind
1:10:48 “Cruel Sister” by The Shams from Go On Home Boys
VOTE IN THE CELTIC TOP 20. It’s easier than ever to do. Just list the show number, and the name of one or two bands. That’s it. You can vote once for each episode help me create next year’s Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.