Apr 14, 2016
It was overcast and threatening to rain when I put together this
week's Irish & Celtic Music Podcast featuring some amazing
indie Celtic music from Sarah Marie Mullen, Brian O h'Uiginn,
Hanz Araki, New Shilling, Slan, Ed Yother, Bret Blackshear, Jil
Chambless & Scooter Muse, Dublin Harpers, Judith Weikle, Boston
Blackthorne, Amadan, The Canny Brothers Band, Staggering Jack,
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Vote once for each episode and you can help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. You can help me decide where we are going in 2017. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Each week, 148 people pledge $1 or more per episode to help pay for the production of the podcast. Whenever we hit a Milestone, you get an extra-long episode of Celtic music. You can Become a Patrons of the Podcast and help us hit the next Milestone which will feature 2-hours of Celtic Women.
* So far the two Facetime Live shows are going great. Though I changed the date of the Celtic Music News show. It is now on Fridays. The New Celtic CDs show is on Monday. These are short 3-5 minute videos where I share what's new. If you want to watch subscribe on our Facebook page.
* I thought of another great way to help promote indie Celtic bands. I want to start sharing links to the albums of bands in the latest episode. Unfortunately, I really someone's help to make this work. It should only take about 30 minutes a week of your time. If you would like to help me promote indie Celtic music, drop me an email.
* You can get your very own 2016 Irish & Celtic Music Podcast t-shirts through our Celtic Music Store. Follow the link in the shownotes, or better yet, follow the link in the Celtic Music Magazine, when you subsribe and you'll save 10%. And if you already have a shirt. Take a picture and send it in.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
0:28 "Planxty Irwin" by Sarah Marie Mullen from We Brought the Summer With Us
6:24 "The Copper Plate" by Brian O h'Uiginn from Tionchar
9:13 "Bonnie Jean Cameron" by Hanz Araki from Wind and Rain
13:32 "Ja Ja Jigs" by New Shilling from Live!
16:46 "Will Ye Go to Flanders" by Slan from South West
20:52 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
21:39 "Paddy West" by Ed Yother from Ed Yother
26:06 "Si Beag Si More" by Bret Blackshear from Fingers, Frets and Fire
32:49 "Kindness of Strangers" by Dublin Harpers from Shenanigans
36:39 "Blackbird of Sweet Avondale" by Judith Weikle from Pirates, Poets and Patriots
40:17 CELTIC FEEDBACK
42:32 "Coal Tattoo" by Boston Blackthorne from County Kerry to Kerry Park
46:28 "Nevr 9 to 5" by Amadan from Hell-Bent Victory
50:19 "Come to the Bower" by The Canny Brothers Band from One Drop of Whiskey
52:47 "Fortune" by Staggering Jack from The Sailor's Daughter
"A Stor Mo Chroi" by Lothlorien from Greenwood Side
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.