Jul 7, 2016
Celtic music is in our hearts and in our feet in this week's show with indie Celtic music from Scottish Octopus, Olta, The Selkie Girls, Jameson's Revenge, Ramsay & Black, The Fire Inside, Canned Haggis, Beth Patterson, Marc Gunn, Celtic Cross, Steel City Rovers, Redhill Rats, The Bloody Irish Boys, Celtica Pipes Rock!
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20 to help me create next year's Best Celtic Music 2016 episode.
Marc Gunn's latest album, Pirates vs. Dragons, will be released on July 27, 2016. You'll hear sea shanties interwoven with a Celtic Steampunk musical story about an air pirate that kidnaps a bard to immortalize his dragon treasure hunting in song. What he doesn't realize is that the musician will do anything to protect the dragons. Subscribe to my mailing list to notified when it is released, or go to celticmusic.org/savethedragons
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast is successful thanks to people like you. Your generous pledge of as little as $1 per episode covers the cost of producing the show. And 10% of your pledges go back to non-profits to support and build our Celtic communities. Best of all, whenever we hit a milestone, you get an extra-long episode. We are working towards a two-hour special on Celtic Women. Become a Patron of the Podcast today, because we are helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music. Special thanks our latest Patron, Rod Nevin.
* If you enjoy the music in this show, then you might also enjoy our Facebook video shows. The Celtic Music News show goes out on Mondays, and each show is between 3-5 minutes.
* If you ever wanted to hear what it's like on a Celtic Invasion Vacation, you can listen to a few podcasts from my Celtic Invasion of Cornwall. It's all on The Celtfather Podcast at celtfather.com. I hope to post a couple more episodes from the trip soon.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
Shmeezbun emailed: "Work, cook, write, yoga, art, BLAST "oh Nancy oh" so my neighbors hear it off the elevator. Dance of course and dig into the Irish roots! Keep the tunes coming!. I listen to the Valentine's Day episode 244 at least once a day. Thanks thanks thanks"
I got a message from an unknown person who wrote: "Just got back from my first trip to Ireland last night! It was amazing!!!!!! Just wanted to let you know I love your podcasts!"
Rod Nevin emailed: "Hi Marc! I wanted to let you know, I love your podcast and I've been a faithful listener for a few years. I decided to become a patron today on my birthday. Here's a picture of what I accomplished today while listening to the podcast: brewing beer! The podcasts are great to listen to while I make my own Homebrew in my garage. Thanks for bringing us the Celtic music!"
0:33 "Hornpipes" by Scottish Octopus from Live in Union Square
5:23 "Wind That Shakes the Barley / The Ships Are Sailing / The Star of Munster" by Olta from Step It Out
9:20 "Molly Ban" by The Selkie Girls from Long Time Traveling
14:30 "Chirish/F.U.D./Cricket Hill/The Eagle Has Landed" by Jameson's Revenge from While Yer Up
20:55 "Eileen Aroon" by Ramsay & Black from Singer's Request
24:43 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
25:16 "Line 'em up, Mr. Murphy" by The Fire Inside from Spark
30:37 "Jig Set: Drops of Brandy, Cutting Bracken, Paddy's Leather Breeches" by Canned Haggis from Rough Draft
36:27 "Curve" by Beth Patterson from Forward
39:10 "A Pirate's Confession" by Marc Gunn from Pirates vs. Dragons
42:11 CELTIC FEEDBACK
43:52 "Land's in My Blood" by Celtic Cross from Saoirse's Heart
46:18 "Summer Dance at Montmagny" by Steel City Rovers from Grand Misadventures
49:55 "Crazy George" by Redhill Rats from Cape Wolf
53:36 "Drunk Tonight" by The Bloody Irish Boys from Drunk Rock
57:59 "Atholl Highlanders" by Celtica Pipes Rock! from Rising
VOTE IN THE CELTIC TOP 20. It's easier than ever to do. Just list the show number, and the name of one or two bands. That's it. You can vote once for each episode help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.