Apr 28, 2016
Who's your Celtic music hero? Maybe you'll find a new one on this week's podcast with indie Celtic music from New Shilling, Dublin 4, Seamus Stout, Faerydae, Mazz O'Flaherty, Jimi McRae, Heather Dale, Sarah Dinan, The Langer's Ball, Vicki Swan & Jonny Dyer, Acoustra, Kilmaine Saints, Albannach, Rathkeltair, The Sandcarvers, Battlefield Band.
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Vote once for each episode and you can help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. You can help me decide where we are going in 2017. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* Each week, 153 people pledge $1 or more per episode to help pay for the production of the podcast. Whenever we hit a Milestone, you get an extra-long episode of Celtic music. You can Become a Patrons of the Podcast and help us hit the next Milestone which will feature 2-hours of Celtic Women. Special thanks to our newest Patrons: Mark Hughes, Jeff Fischer, and Frank Donahue.
* Starting this week, I am swapping the Facebook Live shows. These shows are live streaming video shows I shoot on Facebook and feature news from artists in the latest episodes. The New Celtic CDs show will be released on Friday. Celtic Music News will be on next Monday, May 2. The exact time of the stream is uncertain at present. I will try announce the show on our Facebook page within 30 minutes of show time if you want to watch, usually around 8:30 am or 2 pm. The shows are short, between 3-5 minutes, and you can always watch a replay if you miss the live broadcast. You can also subscribe to the feed to be notified of new Facebook Live streams. Just check out one of the past shows and click the link in the top right corner.
* You can still nominate the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast for Best Music in the 11th annual Podcast Awards. You have until April 30 to go to podcastawards.com and make your nomination.
* I'm performing an internet concert on Concert Window on Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 8pm. Mark your calendar.
* You can get your very own 2016 Irish & Celtic Music Podcast t-shirts through our Celtic Music Store. Follow the link in the shownotes, or better yet, follow the link in the Celtic Music Magazine, when you subsribe and you'll save 10%. And if you already have a shirt. Take a picture and send it in.
Also I am reordering my popular "Kilted For Her Pleasure" t-shirts. You have until May 5th to place an order for any size, and save 15% using the coupon code KILTSRULE.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
0:27 "Ah, Surely Set" by New Shilling from Live!!
4:22 "Farewell to Erin" by Dublin 4
7:48 "The Maid Who Sold Her Barley" by Seamus Stout from Off the Wagon
10:05 "The Monighan/The Butterfly/Cooley's Reel" by Faerydae from Changeling
14:48 "I Will Stand On This Land" by Mazz O'Flaherty from The Borrowed Angels Singing Songs By Mazz O'Flaherty
16:36 "Donald of Laggan (Monster Mix)" by Jimi McRae from Last King of Pictland
20:37 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
22:33 "Mordred's Lullaby (TOL Mix)" by Heather Dale from Avalon
25:40 "The Hero's Return" by Sarah Dinan from From the Ashes
28:10 "Cork Dry Gin" by The Langer's Ball from Whiskey Outlaws
30:27 "Bandit" by Vicki Swan & Jonny Dyer from Scatter Pipes
38:13 CELTIC FEEDBACK
42:00 "Gypsy Queen" by Acoustra from The Way It Was
44:36 "Ten Fathoms Deep" by Kilmaine Saints from The Good, The Plaid, and The Ugly
55:44 "Annie McGrew" by The Sandcarvers from Dealin' Craic
59:53 "One Night in My Youth" by Battlefield Band from Beg & Borrow
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.