May 5, 2016
The weather is getting nicer. I'm feeling in the mood to chill with some Celtic music by the campfire. Here's some awesome indie Celtic music from Slipjig, Jil Chambless & Scooter Muse, Tania Opland, Pitch the Peat, Ken O'Malley, Rambling Sailors, Darragh McGann, Atlantic Wave, Vintage Wildflowers, Tim Malloys, Celtic Cross, Ockham's Razor, Castlebay. Kick back with a beer and enjoy!
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Vote once for each episode and you can help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. You can help me decide where we are going in 2017. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* This show exists due to the generosity of the Patrons of the Podcast. Each week, 150 people pledge $1 or more per episode. This covers production costs including: web hosting and advertising, but it also pays for my time in producing the show. Plus, I donate 10% of your pledges to Celtic Non-Profits. When hit a milestone, you get an extra-long episode of Celtic music. You can Become a Patrons of the Podcast and help us hit the next Milestone which will bring you 2-hours of Celtic Women. Special thanks to our newest Patrons: Chrystin Pleasants
* If you enjoy the music in this show, then you might also enjoy our Facebook Live shows. The New Celtic CDs show is broadcast on Fridays and the Celtic Music News takes place on Mondays. I'm gonna try and do the shows at about 2pm on those days. Each show is between 3-5 minutes and I would love for you to drop in and say or share your own Celtic Music News. If you miss the show, fear not, you can always watch a replay on our Facebook page.
* Celtic Pink Ribbon Project for breast cancer awareness.
* I'm performing an internet concert on Concert Window on Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 8pm. Mark your calendar.
* You can get your very own 2016 Irish & Celtic Music Podcast t-shirts through our Celtic Music Store. Follow the link in the shownotes, or better yet, follow the link in the Celtic Music Magazine, when you subsribe and you'll save 10%. And if you already have a shirt. Take a picture and send it in.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
0:30 "Hardiman The Fiddler / The Whinney Hills Of Lietrim / Barney Brallaghan" by Slipjig from So Far...
9:25 "Chi Mi Na Morbheanna" by Tania Opland from Bonnie Rantin' Lassie
13:30 "Ormond Sound/Liberty Joe's/Broken Pledge" by Pitch the Peat from Far From Home
17:19 "Homes of Donegal" by Ken O'Malley from OMaille
24:08 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
25:20 "Leave Her Johnny" by Rambling Sailors from Wanderlust
28:53 "Sally Gardens" by Darragh McGann from A New Beginning
32:46 "The New Land" by Atlantic Wave from The Angel's Share
37:06 "Sweet Bride" by Vintage Wildflowers from Lovely Madness
41:10 CELTIC FEEDBACK
44:18 "The Song of the Dawn" by Tim Malloys from Wake
50:11 "Jameson Johnny" by Celtic Cross from Saoirse's
53:34 "Are You Alright, Liz" by Ockham's Razor from Job's Comforter
59:23 "The Minstrel Boy" by Castlebay from Tapestry IV
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.