Mar 3, 2016
President Obama declared March to be Irish American Heritage Month. Of course for me, March is the month of all the Celts as we gather to celebrate the musical and culture of the Celtic nations running all the way up to St. Patrick's Day. I have a ton of great episodes planned for the next few weeks starting today with an extra-long St Patrick's Day special featuring the indie Celtic music of Friday Frolics, Wicked Tinkers, Fiddlinda: Linda Relph, Michael Black, Anne Roos, Michael DeAngelis, Vicki Swan & Jonny Dyer, Slipjig, Merry Wives of Windsor, Sons of Malarkey, Ginger Ackley, Aisling, Barleyjuice, Hanz Araki, Jed Marum with Hugh Morrison and Mason Brown, Jameson's Revenge, Sgian Dubh, Ed Miller, Fromseier Rose, Skelpin, Searson, Ren.
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Vote once for each episode and you can help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Each week, 139 people pledge $1 or more per episode to help pay for the production of the podcast. Whenever we hit a Milestone. You get an extra long episode of Celtic music. We just hit our next Milestone which means you're gonna get a 2-hour Celtic music special highlighting the indie Celtic music of Canada right after St. Patrick's Day. You can Become a Patrons of the Podcast. Special thanks to our newest Patrons: Jeremy WhiskeySongs
* St Patrick's Day Internet Music Festival. The festival begins with lots of great indie Celtic bands performing. Come watch. It's Free!
* Why yes, we do have t-shirts. The 2016 Irish & Celtic Music Podcast t-shirts are now available in our Celtic Music Store. Follow the link in the shownotes, or better yet, follow the link in the Celtic Music Magazine to save 10%. And if you already have a shirt. Take a picture and send it in.
* If you're in a Celtic band, please contact me ASAP to join this year's St Patrick's Day Internet Music Festival. All you need to do is submit a live performance video on YouTube and be willing to promote the event. Visit the website for details.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can email a written comment to email@example.com along with a picture of what you're doing while listening to this podcast or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
0:26 "Return to Gallifrey" by Friday Frolics from Factor 3
6:50 "Farewell to Nova Scotia" by Wicked Tinkers from Hammered
9:33 "Goodbye to Ocean Boulevard" by Fiddlinda: Linda Relph from There & Then - Here & Now
12:57 "Billy O'Shea" by Michael Black from Michael Black
16:13 "The Fairy Child & The Fairy Queen" by Anne Roos from A Light in the Forest
20:52 "Lost in Cork" by Michael DeAngelis from Son of a Dunigan
26:24 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
26:54 "Lord Ullins Daughter" by Vicki Swan & Jonny Dyer from Gleowien
31:47 "Hardiman The Fiddler / The Whinney Hills Of Lietrim / Barney Brallaghan" by Slipjig from So Far...
35:30 "Babylon Is Fallen" by Merry Wives of Windsor from Bottoms Up
37:31 "Tripping Father" by Sons of Malarkey from Presenting...
40:54 "Green the Hills" by Ginger Ackley from Elf King's Horn
43:21 "A Walk In The Park - Drakensberg Storm - All Roads Lead To Underberg" by Aisling from The Pilgrim's Road
47:56 "St Patrick's Day" by Barleyjuice from This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
50:48 "A Kiss in the Morning Early" by Hanz Araki from Wind and Rain
54:35 "Broom of the Cowdenknowes" by Jed Marum with Hugh Morrison and Mason Brown from Sands of Aberdeen
58:25 "The Golden Shower" by Jameson's Revenge from While Yer Up
1:01:10 "Pills of White Mercury" by Sgian Dubh from Frightening All the Dogs
1:04:51 CELTIC FEEDBACK
1:06:43 "Room for Us All in the Dance" by Ed Miller from Edinburgh Rambler
1:11:32 "Blantyre Explosion" by Fromseier Rose from Contradiction
1:14:43 "Rua/Rojo" by Skelpin from Rua Rojo
1:18:50 "Another Mile" by Searson from Live
1:23:40 "My Heart Belongs to Ireland" by Ren from Single
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.