Mar 16, 2016
Happy St. Patrick's Day. I am excited to share our 5th St.
Patrick's Day music special for the holiday. This one highlights
all of the Top 20
Celtic Bands of 2015 as featured earlier in the year, but with
completely different songs. You will enjoy amazing indie Celtic
music from Carolina Ceili, Runa, Clandestine, The Flying
Toads, Marc Gunn, Emerald Rose, Full Gael, The Gothard Sisters,
Heather Alexander , Appalachian Celtic Consort, Jesse Ferguson,
Breabach, The Blarney Rebel Band, Kailyarders, The Rogues, Whiskey
Sunday, Wild Colonial Bhoys, Bourbon & Shamrocks, The Elders,
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Vote once for each episode and you can help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. You can help us decide where to go in 2017. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Each week, 149 people pledge $1 or more per episode to help pay for the production of the podcast. Whenever we hit a Milestone. You get an extra long episode of Celtic music. We just hit our next Milestone which means you're gonna get a 2-hour Celtic music special highlighting the indie Celtic music of Canada in early April. You can Become a Patron of the Podcast. Special thanks to our newest Patrons: Andre, Alice, Peter, Dennis, and Bryan.
* St Patrick's Day Internet Music Festival has 24 videos on the playlist. You can enjoy Celtic music from LQR and Beltain. Jesse Ferguson should be added soon.
* I hope you enjoyed the very special feature on Poitin's album Wish. If not, go listen to show #250 where you can hear the album from start to finish.
* Would you "17 Free Celtic MP3s for St. Patrick's Day". Every year, I publish an article with that title on my website and Celtic bands from around the globe donate tracks to share with you. You can find this year's article at celticmusicpodcast.com/FreeMP3s2016 or follow the link in the shownotes.
* I posted a new episode of the Pub Songs Podcast. It features St. Patrick's Day Pub Songs by me and other Celtic artists.
* Celtic Radio has a new app for iTunes and Android. You can listen to their many streaming Celtic radio programs. They also are running the Celtic Radio Music Awards. Several of the artists you've heard on this podcast are up for awards. Go vote them!
* I started to use Facebook Live last week to promote new episodes of this podcast. You can subscribe on Facebook and you will be notified when I go live. It usually will happen on the morning of the podcast around 9am though times may vary. If you miss the event, then can watch the saved video on our Facebook page. Go to facebook.com/celticpodcast to subscribe.
* Why yes, we do have t-shirts. The 2016 Irish & Celtic Music Podcast t-shirts are now available in our Celtic Music Store. Follow the link in the shownotes, or better yet, follow the link in the Celtic Music Magazine to save 10%. And if you already have a shirt. Take a picture and send it in.
* I have a free album that you can download. It's called "Celtic Geek" and it features 21 tracks from my first 20 solo albums. To get a copy, just subscribe to my mailing list.
* My final St. Patrick's Day show is in Marietta, Georgia at Johnnie MacCracken's Celtic Pub this Friday, March 18th starting around 9pm, though I may kick it off earlier. Details on my St. Patrick's Day music website.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can email a written comment to email@example.com along with a picture of what you're doing while listening to this podcast or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
0:29 "Banish Misfortune/Moon Coin Jig" by Carolina Ceili from 50 Shades of Green
6:38 "The Wife of Usher's Well" by Runa from Current Affairs
11:15 "Wobbly Wheel Set" by Clandestine from Red
15:45 "Lord Mayo" by The Flying Toads from In Stitches
21:05 "Peggy Gordon" by Marc Gunn from The Bridge
25:21 "Mountain Fey" by Emerald Rose from Sunwise
28:07 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
29:28 "Nellie J. Banks" by Full Gael from Traditional Music with Celtic Roots
32:52 "Cat in a Bush" by The Gothard Sisters from Mountain Rose
36:11 "Brannigan's Special Ale" by Heather Alexander from Midsummer
38:36 "The Banshee/Pride of Rathmore" by Appalachian Celtic Consort from Drop o' the Pure
41:43 MORE CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
42:56 "Mary and the Soldier" by Jesse Ferguson from The Butcher Boy
46:44 "Kilbowie Cottage" by Breabach from The Big Spree
50:53 "The Apparatus" by The Blarney Rebel Band from Pile High the Pennywall
53:28 "Where the Wildflowers Grow" by Kailyarders from The Black Well
57:01 CELTIC FEEDBACK
58:37 "Reels Again" by The Rogues from Made in Texas
1:01:05 "Cabin Song" by Whiskey Sunday from Holy Water
1:05:14 "Padraig An Sicin" by Wild Colonial Bhoys from On Our Own
1:08:33 "Johnston's Motorcar" by Bourbon & Shamrocks from Shock & ARRRR!
1:12:15 "Saint Patrick's Battalion" by The Elders from Story Road
1:17:51 "The Travelers" by Patsy O'Brien from Irish Guitar
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.