Jan 14, 2016
This week on the podcast, we have Irish Celtic music from Caladh, Blackwater, Amelia Hogan, Earl's Chair, An Taisdeal, Laurent Leemans, Beltaine, Dublin 4, Ellis Island, Doug Folkins, Shishonnah, Lenahan, Alizabr and Ann Sannat with Faun, Burning Bridget Cleary.
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Your active voting will help define the Top 20 songs of 2015 at the end of the year.
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. We're going to Cornwall in 2016. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Thanks to the Patrons of the Podcast. Your kind and generous support keeps this show running every week. Become a Patrons at http://celticmusicpodcast.com/patron/. Special thanks to our newest Patrons: Paul, as well as a big shoutout to Bryan Blake and Chris Cooper, our newest Celtic Superstars!
* Is there a Celtic band you would like to hear on this podcast? Or do you know of a Celtic artist who just released a new album? Contact me. Because I want to contact them and try to get them on the show. You can post a comment in the shownotes or email me. Submit to the Podcast here.
* I am now looking for bands for the St. Patrick's Day Internet Music Festival. If you are a Celtic musician, have videos you've made, or are willing to make, of live performances, and a willingness to promote the event, then go to the website for details to join.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Email a written comment to email@example.com or call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? Send me pictures of what you're doing or a picture of one of your travels to one of the Celtic nations.
- River of B-Movie Sunday emailed me yesterday. He wrote: "I was looking for something different to watch while my daughter was napping today when I came across a series called Celtic Monsters. It's on Amazon Video (free if you have Prime and I think $1.99 per episode without). It consists of four 22 minute episodes, centered around a different theme each, where different people tell tales of the Celtic nations. They cover things from fairies to dragons and quite a few that I've never heard of. It's pretty entertaining and informative."
"Farewell to Eireann" by Caladh
from Live in Kyteler’s Inn
"Good Morning, Are You Ready Yet?" by Blackwater
from Live at 10
"The Praties They Grow Small" by Amelia Hogan
from Transplants: From The Old To The New
"Martin Wynne's Set" by Earl's Chair
from Earl's Chair
"Siun Ni Dhuibhir" by An Taisdeal
from Home Recordings
Celtic Music News
"Fine Flowers in the Valley" by Laurent Leemans
from Fine Flowers in the Valley
"Dooney's Rant" by Beltaine
from Jump at Samhain's Fire
"McAlpine's Fusilers" by Dublin 4
from There ‘Ya Are
"Rare Old Mountain Dew" by Ellis Island
from The Whole Shebang
Celtic Music Feedback
"Shores of Moray" by Doug Folkins
"Dance with the River" by Shishonnah
from Elysian Dreams
"Nothin' by Lenahan
from Brand New Bag and Secret World of Celtic Rock
"Chloe's Passion" by Burning Bridget Cleary
from These Are the Days
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes or email me firstname.lastname@example.org.