May 26, 2016
My family and I went to the beach. I came back a little redder
with desire to hear some Celtic beach music. What would that sound
like, especially with Memorial Day approaching. Here's some indie
Celtic music from Maggie Sansone, Ciara Considine, The Elders,
Allan Yn Y Fan, Karan Casey, Marc Gunn, Eilis Crean, MacTalla Mor,
The Whiskey Boys, Linda Marie Smith, Sprag Session, Devils Water,
Barleyjuice, Stanley & Grimm.
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Vote once for each episode and you can help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
The success of the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast is due in large part to the generosity of people like you. Your generous pledge of as little as $1 per episode helps cover the cost of producing the show, including: web hosting, advertising, technical support, and purchases of new music. It also pays for my time in producing the show. Best of all, I donate 10% of your pledges to Celtic non-profits each month. Whenever we hit a milestone, you get an extra-long episode of Celtic Music. We are just $94 away from a two-hour special on Celtic Women. Special thanks to our newest patron: Joyce Pavelko.
Become a Patron of the Podcast today, because Celtic music needs your support!
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* Monday is Memorial Day. Listen to our Celtic Memorial Day special from last year.
* If you enjoy the music in this show, then you might also enjoy our Facebook video shows. The New Celtic CDs show is broadcast on Fridays and the Celtic Music News takes place on Mondays. Each show is between 3-5 minutes. I had fun pre-recording the shows last week. So I'm gonna try that again this week.
* You can get your very own 2016 Irish & Celtic Music Podcast t-shirts through our Celtic Music Store. Follow the link in the shownotes, or better yet, follow the link in the Celtic Music Magazine, when you subsribe and you'll save 10%. And if you already have a shirt. Take a picture and send it in.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
Medha Rashed responded to the Celtic Music Magazine. She wrote: "Late wishes to your daughter Inara. Marc, I live far away... another continent, ASIA! But, as I love celtic music! and all Scottish and Irish, I can tell u that, I will be dancing to some random celtic track!!!!!! Stay well."
0:45 "North Sea Crossing [Reels]: When Charlie Returns/North Sea Crossing/Ham" by Maggie Sansone from Wind Drift: Celtic Grooves, Mystic Moods
4:51 "Sea Dance" by Ciara Considine from Beyond the Waves
8:57 "Raging Sea" by The Elders from Gael Day
12:13 "Sea Sick Sailors/The Rough Crossing" by Allan Yn Y Fan from Pwnco
16:45 "The Silkie Song" by Karan Casey from Seal Maiden - A Celtic Musical
19:26 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
20:52 "The Sailboat Armada" by Marc Gunn from Kilted For Her Pleasure
24:05 "The Meelick/Team Whelan's Jig/Rolling Wave" by Eilis Crean from The Lonesome Fiddler
28:39 "U.S. Reggae" by MacTalla Mor from The New Colossus
32:45 "Never Return to the Sea" by The Whiskey Boys from Mary Come to Boston
36:59 CELTIC FEEDBACK
37:53 "Surrender to the Sea" by Linda Marie Smith from Mearra: Selkie from the Sea
42:22 "Good Ship Tommy Fun" by Sprag Session from Sprag Session
48:14 "My Ship's Coming In" by Devils Water from The Channels
52:20 "Scottish Samba" by Barleyjuice from Another Round
56:20 "Fiddler's Green" by Stanley & Grimm from Another Round
VOTE IN THE CELTIC TOP 20. It’s easier than ever to do. Just list the show number, and the name of one or two bands. That’s it. You can vote once for each episode help me create next year’s Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.