Dec 1, 2016
For me, December means Christmas. But we can't get ahead of ourselves. We still have 24 days until Christmas. So let's keep the Celtic music rocking this December with music from Pitch the Peat, The Here & Now, Avourneen, Albannach, Ed Miller, Dom Duff, Angus Mohr, Sons of Malarkey, Susan Toman, The Selkie Girls, Plunk Murray, Tara O'Grady, Whalebone, Hearthfire, Karan Casey.
Do you support Celtic music, then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20 to help me create next year's Best Celtic Music 2016 episode.
Travel will change your life. It opens your eyes to the mysterious and makes historical events come alive. In 2017, you can experience the culture, history and legends of Brittany with the next Celtic Invasion Vacation. You'll join a small group of 8-10 invaders who love Celtic music and culture like you, and who love to travel. Subscribe to the mailing list to join a Free Webinar on Tuesday, December 13th on "Breaking Down the Celtic Travel Barrier". Join the webinar and invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* You can see me perform with Kilted Kings at the Louisiana Renaissance Festival for the last two weekends of the festival. Details are at KiltedKings.com.
* With just 24 days left until Christmas, you can listen to 2 episodes of the Celtic Christmas Podcast to awaken your Christmas spirit. I'm sharing episodes on Facebook or subscribe to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, iHeartRadio and just about everywhere you listen to podcasts online. Subscribe at celticchristmasmusic.net
* I want to send out a big thanks to the patrons of the podcast. Your generous pledge of as little as $1 per episode pays for the production of this podcast as well as my time in producing the show. You will enjoy a personal podcast feed where you can listen to the show before regular subscribers, occasional extended editions of the show, and my deepest thanks. When we hit a milestone, you get a 2-hour special. Special thanks to our newest patrons: Olivier Marechal. Help celebrate Celtic culture through music. Become a patron today!
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations. Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763.
Ken Brixius wrote in the shownotes: "Been enjoying the podcasts since #1. Usually listen to several hours at a time while traveling to VA appointments. Very interesting blurb about you with #285. I was stationed in Vicenza, IT a bit before your time there, 1976-78. What is extremely interesting is that the post, Ederle, has absolutely no record of my company ever being there. 62nd Engineer Company was the only Atomic Demolition company, ever! 4th building on the left as you pass the main gate."
Johnny Berry commented on Patreon: "Marc....your podcast are always good, but this one is the best that ya have ever done (in my opinion) THANK YOU"
0:18 "An Leanbh Nua/Kilavil/Jerry's Beaver Hat" by Pitch the Peat from Far From Home
5:18 "Madison Avenue" by The Here & Now from Ladybird
10:26 "Eileen Oge" by Avourneen from Beloved
13:24 "Mons Graupius March" by Albannach from Bareknuckle Pipes & Drums
17:41 "Ferry Me Over" by Ed Miller from Generations of Change
21:19 "Kig Ha Fars" by Dom Duff from XXXXXXXX
27:44 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
28:59 "Talisman" by Angus Mohr from The Heroic Adventures of Angus Mohr
30:57 "The Leaving of Liverpool" by Sons of Malarkey from Gulls Lads
33:49 "A Scotch Lament" by Susan Toman from Emerald Shores
36:21 "Shepherd Lad" by The Selkie Girls from Pirate Queen
40:35 CELTIC FEEDBACK
42:22 "Star of the County Down" by Plunk Murray from Plunk Murray
44:57 "In Belfast Tonight" by Tara O'Grady from A Celt in the Cotton Club
48:12 "Floodplains" by Whalebone from Mirabilia
54:32 "Get A Little Irish" by Hearthfire from Finding Our Way
"The King's Shilling" by Karan Casey from The Winds Begin to Sing
VOTE IN THE CELTIC TOP 20. It's easier than ever to do. Just list the show number, and the name of one or two bands. That's it. You can vote once for each episode help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. Promote Celtic culture through music at celticmusicpodcast.com.