I'm flying off to Cornwall later this morning. Before I go, I wanted to share one more episode to tie you over until I return in a couple weeks. You'll hear awesome indie Celtic music from The Beggarmen, Burning Bridget Cleary, Gallus, Banna De Dha, Gallowglass Irish Trio, Three Weird Sisters, Dublin Harpers, Barrowburn, Sligo Rags, SeaStar, Enter the Haggis, Fathom, The Bible Code Sundays, The Makem & Spain Brothers.
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20 to help me create next year's Best Celtic Music 2016 episode.
Today's show is brought to you by Celtic Invasion Vacations
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. You can help me decide where we are going in 2017. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* I want to thank everyone who voted in the Podcast Awards. I really appreciate your support of indie Celtic music! The awards ceremonies will be announced on June 26.
* The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast is successful thanks to people like you. Your generous pledge of as little as $1 per episode covers the cost of producing the show, as well as my time in producing it. Whenever we hit a milestone, you get an extra-long episode. We are working towards a two-hour special on Celtic Women. Best of all, 10% of your pledges go back to non-profits to support and build our Celtic communities. Become a Patron of the Podcast today, because we are helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* If you enjoy the music in this show, then you might also enjoy our Facebook video shows. The Celtic Music News show goes out on Mondays, and each show is between 3-5 minutes.
* Finally, if you want to stay on top of this year's Celtic Invasion of Cornwall, then subscribe to The Celtfather Podcast at celtfather.com. I hope to podcast new episodes daily.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
Jerrie Adkins commented on Patreon: “Dear Marc, You rock so hard, the Blarney Stone called and threatened to sue for copyright infringement. [Sounds like a whiskey-extorting scheme to me.]”
This Week in Celtic Music
0:26 “Strike the Gay Harp” by The Beggarmen from Newry Town
7:47 “Sloppy Set” by Burning Bridget Cleary from Totes for Goats
11:40 “Gorgeous and Bright” by Gallus
14:53 “Comb Your Hair & Curl It / The White Petticoat / The Black Rogue” by Banna De Dha from Band of Two
19:49 “Yellow Gals” by Gallowglass Irish Trio from All Our Best
22:18 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
23:25 “May Queen” by Three Weird Sisters from Hair of the Frog
26:57 “Ginny's Kitchen” by Dublin Harpers from Shenanigans
30:31 “Shinin' Clear” by Barrowburn from Mist Covered Mountains
33:25 “Riding on the Wexford Line” by Sligo Rags from The Whiskey Never Lies
37:43 CELTIC FEEDBACK
38:16 “Selkie” by SeaStar from North Winds
43:29 “Copper Leaves” by Enter the Haggis from The Modest Revolution
46:55 “Old Spring” by Fathom from Pollution Blues
50:09 “Honour of the Gael” by The Bible Code Sundays from Ghosts Of Our Past
55:56 “Ha'penny Bridge” by The Makem & Spain Brothers from Home Away From Home
VOTE IN THE CELTIC TOP 20. It's easier than ever to do. Just list the show number, and the name of one or two bands. That's it. You can vote once for each episode help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.