The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast has one last chance to win Best Music Podcast in the Podcast Awards. Will you help the Celts be victorious? Go vote! Then enjoy another episode of indie Celtic music from Black Market Haggis, Reel Treble Band, Bat Kinane, The Flying Toads, The Black Velvet Band, Emerald Rose, Runa, Martyn Wylde, Maidens IV, Byrne and Kelly, The Langer's Ball, Fiddlers 3, The Fisitcuffs, Rathkeltair, Erin's Guild.
Subscribe to the Celtic Music Magazine to download 34 Celtic MP3s for FREE! If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast.
Today's show is brought to you by Patrons of the Podcast
The success of the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast is due to the generosity of people like you. Your generous pledge of as little as $1 per episode covers the cost of producing the show as well as my time in producing it. Best of all, I donate 10% of your pledges to Celtic non-profits each month. Whenever we hit a milestone, you get an extra-long episode of Celtic Music. We are working towards a two-hour special on Celtic Women. Special thanks to our Celtic Superstars: Peter Tilghman, Bryan Brake, John Sharkey White, II, Theresa Sullivan, Brendan Nix, John Bilderback, Rian P Kegerreis, Steven, Johnny Berry, Shawn Cali.
Become a Patron of the Podcast today, because we are helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* Remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20 to help me create next year's Best Celtic Music 2016 episode.
* If you enjoy the music in this show, then you might also enjoy our Facebook video shows. The New Celtic CDs show is broadcast on Fridays and the Celtic Music News takes place on Mondays. Each show is between 3-5 minutes. I had fun pre-recording the shows last week. So I'm gonna try that again this week.
* Finally, if you want to stay on top of this year's Celtic Invasion of Cornwall, then subscribe to The Celtfather Podcast at celtfather.com. I hope to podcast new episodes daily.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
This Week in Celtic Music
0:42 “Shandon Bells Set” by Black Market Haggis from EP
4:50 “Spotted Dog/The Swallow's Tail/Donegal Lass” by Reel Treble
6:56 “A Stonecutter's Journey” by Bat Kinane from The Hills Above the Valley
10:08 “The Exiles” by The Flying Toads from In Stitches
14:35 “Maid of Fife-e-o” by The Black Velvet Band from The Black Velvet Band
18:01 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
18:57 “Castle of Arianrhod” by Emerald Rose from That Night in the Garden
24:45 “The Banks Are Made of Marble” by Runa from Current Affairs
27:47 “Loch Tay Boat Song” by Martyn Wylde from Minstrel's Lament
32:05 “Jolly Rover” by Maidens IV from Four Aflame
35:54 CELTIC FEEDBACK
37:50 “The Meeting of the Waters” by Byrne and Kelly from Echoes
40:47 “Drinking For Two” by The Langer's Ball from Whiskey Outlaws
43:09 “Billy Thom's/Rannie MacLellan/Growling Old Man And Woman” by Fiddlers 3 from Volume 3: The Rhythm Chapter
46:56 “McKenzie's Daughter” by The Fisitcuffs from Bruised But Not Beaten
49:07 “William Glen” by Rathkeltair from Big White Van
57:06 “Broken Man” by Erin's Guild from Broken Man
VOTE IN THE CELTIC TOP 20. It's easier than ever to do. Just list the show number, and the name of one or two bands. That's it. You can vote once for each episode help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.