In today's Celtic Feedback, someone pointed out that I made a commitment to Celtic music years ago. It's still going strong and growing each and every week as I share more indie Celtic music from artists like Fiddleheads, Academy of Irish Music, Spirited Lads, Chief O'Neill's Mixed Flock, Hearthfire Duo, The Sorries, Nathan Gourley and Laura Feddersen, Old Man Flanagan's Ghost, Poitin, Gwilym Morus, Keltikon, Aiden's Clan, Hair of the Dog, Bang On the Ear, Round the House. Thank you for being on this journey with me and inspiring me to create an awesome Celtic music show each and every week!
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Vote once for each episode and you can help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
Today's show is brought to you by Celtic Invasion Vacations
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. You can help me decide where we are going in 2017. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Each week, 149 people pledge $1 or more per episode to help pay for the production of the podcast. Whenever we hit a Milestone, you get an extra-long episode of Celtic music. You can Become a Patrons of the Podcast and help us hit the next Milestone which will feature 2-hours of Celtic Women. Special thanks to our newest Patrons: Daibheid Jordan and Elizabeth Thomas.
* The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast now available on Google Play Music. If you're an android listener, go get it.
* I am still looking for reviews for our compilation “Best of the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast“. You can download this album for free when you subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine or with any donation to the podcast.
* So far the two Facetime Live shows are going great. Though I changed the date of the Celtic Music News show. It is now on Fridays. The New Celtic CDs show is on Monday. These are short 3-5 minute videos where I share what's new. If you want to watch subscribe on our Facebook page.
* I thought of another great way to help promote indie Celtic bands. I want to start sharing links to the albums of bands in the latest episode. Unfortunately, I really someone's help to make this work. It should only take about 30 minutes a week of your time. If you would like to help me promote indie Celtic music, drop me an email.
* Nominations are now being accepted for the 11th annual Podcast Awards. Before we can win, we need to be nominated. Head on over to podcastawards.com to make your nomination of the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast for Best Music Podcast.
* Check out The Sorries podcast featuring history of Scottish songs.
* You can get your very own 2016 Irish & Celtic Music Podcast t-shirts through our Celtic Music Store. Follow the link in the shownotes, or better yet, follow the link in the Celtic Music Magazine, when you subsribe and you'll save 10%. And if you already have a shirt. Take a picture and send it in.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
Dawn O Davis posted in our Irish & Celtic Music Club Facebook group: “I've just returned from Scotland, where I participated in the International Harp Festival in Edinburgh, rode horses on Skye, and hiked in Inverness. I was listening to your Cloudy Day podcast this morning, while making Irish Soda Bread to take to the Boro Inn and Grille in Blue Ridge, Ga…and it was the perfect background for baking and reliving my trip. Thanks so much!!!”
Eitan Shapiro emailed: “I'm a big fan of your podcast. I wear my Irish & Celtic Music Podcast T-Shirt proudly at many Irish Set Dancing events and always promote the show when meeting other celtic music enthusiasts. I don't know if you ever tried Irish Set Dancing, but It's quite the craic! I was hoping I might interest you in making a podcast show of the ceili music played for the dances. Anyway, thank you very much for the best musical podcast out there, and for the wonderful music you introduce weekly to my life”
Patrick Dorn emailed: “Dear Marc: I just found you on iTunes and CAN’T STOP LISTENING! This is GREAT! I’ll be posting a review on iTunes very soon. Thank you for your long-standing and consistent commitment to great music.”
Kenneth Nuckols emailed: “I've been a long-time listener, and today I am catching up on Episode 253 while listening in my cubicle at work. The music helps the day go by faster and I've heard so much wonderful new music (or new to me) over the years. Keep up the excellent show!”
filkferengi on Patreon emailed: “Dear Marc, Thank you once again for all you do. How's the family? You haven't updated on them in a while. Take care.”
This Week in Celtic Music
0:27 “The Annan Polka / Swedish Polka / Caddam Woods” by Fiddleheads from And The Fiddles Played On
5:21 “Farrell O'Gara” by Academy of Irish Music from Cruinn
8:30 “Bold O'Donahue” by Spirited Lads from Spirited Lads
11:04 “Slip Jigs: The Echo of Carrowkeel/The Cock and the Hen/Hardiman the Fiddler” by Chief O'Neill's Mixed Flock from The New Blackthorn Stick
15:24 “Kishmul's Galley” by Hearthfire Duo from Kishmul's Galley
19:28 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
22:42 “The Thiggin' Song” by The Sorries from Auld Lang Syne
24:19 “Bundle and Go / My Mind Will Never Be Easy (feat. Brian Miller)” by Nathan Gourley and Laura Feddersen from Life Is All Checkered
27:10 “May” by Old Man Flanagan's Ghost from Sociable
32:08 “Scholar” by Poitin from Bofiguifluki
37:00 “Cold City” by Gwilym Morus from Live Performance
40:46 CELTIC FEEDBACK
43:22 “Bonnie Ship the Diamond” by Keltikon from Agenbite of Inwit
47:41 “Were You at the Rock?” by Aiden's Clan from Give It A Go
50:03 “Paddy On the Railway” by Hair of the Dog from At the Parting Glass
53:13 “Mairi's Wedding” by Bang On the Ear from Tales From the Glen
56:42 “Banks of the Fordie” by Round the House from At This Stage
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.