Two things struck me while reading the article. First, it has grown in popularity every year since it was first released in 1987. It's been a top 10 hit on the charts. But it has NEVER hit #1.
Instead, we find artists like Michael Buble who rehash the same old songs stealing the styles of Bing Crosby and other great performances. Are you tired of the same 12 Christmas songs? Well, let's put “Fairytale of New York” on the limits of every person in the world.
The goal of Top the Celtic Charts is to push Celtic music up to the top of the charts on iTunes and Amazon. If everyone buys the same single on the same day, we can push a song to the top of the charts easily. All it takes is a good push.
Here's How It Works
Step 1: Buy the Single
- On Thursday, December 18th you buy the single “Fairytale of New York” from the Pogues' album The Best of The Pogues.
- If you want the rest of the album, buy the album AFTER you buy the single.
- If you own it already, give the single as a digital Christmas gift. You can also buy it multiple times for multiple friends.
- If enough of us do this in one day, we’ll push that song into the Daily Top 10 Chart, which will help propel it closer to #1 for Christmas!
Buy on Amazon
Step 2: Share It
Even without a budget, we can break this song into the Top 10 charts on iTunes and Amazon. But I need your help
- Share this page on your social networks. Lets see if we can get more people involved!
- Do so every day until December 18th and people will get super excited.
- Subscribe to our mailing list at http://celticmusicpodcast.com/subscribe/ and we will remind you on December 18th.
Thanks for your help! I am excited to see this song Top the Charts!