Irish Celtic music from FIMM, Sligo Rags, Banshee in the Kitchen, Hugh Morrison and Mason Brown, Poitin, MacTalla Mor, Ceann, Anne Roos, Athas, Beth Patterson, Jesse Ferguson, Rattle the Boards, Jamie Laval and Ashley Broder, Maidens IV, Patrick’s Head, Pitch the Peat, Marc Gunn. www.celticmusicpodcast.com/65
Brought to you by Song Henge, the online archive of free and legal Celtic music downloads. Find out more at SongHenge.com
Do you download your podcasts by Hand?
For shame. Let iTunes do it for you.
Underwriting for this program is provided by…
Celtic Invasion Vacations.
Travel the world with your Irish & Celtic Music
Podcast host, Marc Gunn.
During the day, see the sites and and at night
sing with me. Sign up to the mailing list to
find out about Scotland and Ireland in 2010
– VOTE IN The Celtic Top Five. Cast your vote for your favorite song in this show.
– Best of the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast Compilation CD
– Become a Member of the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast.
– Marc Gunn on the Road. Bacchanal Birthday Bash tonight
– Marc Gunn on Twitter
– Make a Demand for Your Host, Marc Gunn
– Post a review on your favorite website, like iTunes.
It's time for the shameless promotion of the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast. Often I ask you to post a review of the podcast on iTunes, Zune or your favorite podcatcher. Today, I want to invite you to post a review elsewhere in the Celtic community. Anywhere is fine. Do you have a favorite Celtic message board, mailing list, website? Do you have a blog on myspace, facebook? Do you use Twitter? Wherever you are online, share your thoughts about your favorite artists that you found on the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast. You can grab links on our website. Just share the love.
– Link to the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast
This Week in Indie Celtic Music
- “Sweeney's Buttermilk” by FIMM
from Roiboos e Disappunti
- “The Whiskey Never Lies” (Burns, ASCAP) by Sligo Rags
from The Whiskey Never Lies
- “The Girls Set” by Banshee in the Kitchen
from Live at Painted Sky
- “Star of the County Down”
by Jed Marum with Hugh Morrison and Mason Brown
from Sands of Aberdeen
- “Hot Days” (Siegl/Brabec/Trad.) by Poitin
from Hot Days
- “Chi Mi Na Morbheanna/Sleepy Maggie” by MacTalla Mor
from The New Colossus
- “Almost Irish” (Halloran) by Ceann
from Almost Irish
- “Considine's Grove” by Anne Roos
from A Light in the Forest
- “Boys Of Tandragee/Tuesday Morning/Checkered Blanket” (Trad./Lewin-Tiarks) by Athas
- “Ye Jacobites By Name” (Burns) by Beth Patterson
from Hybrid Vigor
- “Loch Lomond” by Jesse Ferguson
from New Old Songs
- “The Mason's Apron” by Rattle the Boards
from The Parish Platform
- “Jig Jag” by Jamie Laval and Ashley Broder
from Zephyr in the Confetti Factory
- “Rocks of Bawn” by Maidens IV
from Emerald Fire
- “Auld Triangle” (Behan) by Patrick's Head
from Arse Biscuits
- “Ormond Sound/Liberty Joe's/Broken” (O'Brien/Hurley/Trad.)
by Pitch the Peat
from Far From Home
- “Wild Mountain Thyme” (McPeake) by Marc Gunn
If you enjoy this show, subscribe to the Celtic MP3s Music Magazine. This is our monthly ezine that will link you to artists offering free Celtic music downloads. Just visit www.celticmp3s.com to subscribe.
Find out more about the artists in this show and in past shows by visiting us at www.celticmusicpodcast.com. While you're there, visit the link for our Celtic Music CD Store on CD Baby. And support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast.
PROMO – Tim Dodge's Acts of Desperation
THE CELTIC TOP FIVE
In every episode of the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast, I ask you to vote for your favorite song in that podcast. The most-popular song is then featured at the end of the next podcast. Here are the most-popular songs from the last show.
5. St. Patrick Never Drank by Marc Gunn
4. Farewell to Whalley Range by Nine-8ths Irish
3. King for a Day by Rathkeltair
2. Fierce by Rising Gael