Mar 10, 2016
The St. Patrick's Day music playlists continue with 17 St
Patrick's Day songs and tunes from some of the best indie Celtic
bands including: Chief O'Neill's Mixed Flock, The Gothard
Sisters, The Selkie Girls, Los Paddys de Las Pampas, Abby Green,
The Ne'er Duwels, John Byrne Band, Mason Brown, Bard & Company,
Burning Bridget Cleary, The Fire Inside, The Fretless, Stout
Pounders, The Killdares, Redhill Rats, Ockham's Razor, Noel Nash
and Danny O'Flaherty.
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Vote once for each episode and you can help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
There is a lot that goes into the production of a successful podcast, everything finding bands and picking music, to recording, sharing and promoting episodes. It requires a lot of time, and money. Each week, Celtic music fans pledge $1 or more per episode to help pay for the production of the podcast. Whenever we hit a Milestone, you get an extra-long episode of this show. We hit our next Milestone which means you're gonna get a 2-hour Celtic music special highlighting the indie Celtic music of Canada. Special thanks to our newest Patrons: Dennis. You can Become a Patrons of the Podcast because you love Celtic music.
* Each week, 144 people pledge $1 or more per episode to help pay for the production of the podcast. Whenever we hit a Milestone. You get an extra long episode of Celtic music. We just hit our next Milestone which means you're gonna get a 2-hour Celtic music special highlighting the indie Celtic music of Canada right after St. Patrick's Day. You can Become a Patrons of the Podcast.
* St Patrick's Day Internet Music Festival has 22 videos on the playlist. You can enjoy Celtic music from Bedlam Bards, Faire to Middlin, Abby Green, Marc Gunn, The Selkie Girls, Jim Sharkey, Drones n Drums, Beltaine, Avourneen, Eddie Biggins, and Poitin.
* Speaking of Poitin, next Monday, I plan to release a special edition of this podcast sharing Poitin's album "Wish". You can hear the album from start to finish.
* On March 14th, I will release my annual article "17 Free Celtic MP3s for St. Patrick's Day". I want you to own this album. And it is 100% FREE to download. Go check out the album for details. If you want more, then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine.
* Why yes, we do have t-shirts. The 2016 Irish & Celtic Music Podcast t-shirts are now available in our Celtic Music Store. Follow the link in the shownotes, or better yet, follow the link in the Celtic Music Magazine to save 10%. And if you already have a shirt. Take a picture and send it in.
* I have two St. Patrick's Day. The first is Thursday, March 10th at 8pm Central Standard Time on Concert Window. It's a pay-what-you-want show. You can also see me in person in 5 Points in Birmingham, Alabama. Details on my St. Patrick's Day music website.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can email a written comment to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a picture of what you're doing while listening to this podcast or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
Shannon Spencer wrote in the shownotes: "Awesome show! I listened to it at least a half dozen times already... and have written down almost every artist as potentials to purchase! Just gotta winnow it down for now unfortunately... this is the music I listen to for my gym workouts... thanks! Hope to soon be a Patron of Podcast."
0:40 "The Echo of Carrowkeel/The Cock & The Hen/Hardiman the Fiddler" by Chief O'Neill's Mixed Flock from The New Blackthorn Stick
6:48 "Hummingbird" by The Gothard Sisters from Hummingbird Single
10:12 "Lon-Duhb" by The Selkie Girls from Parting Glass
12:43 "Jigs For Sure" by Los Paddys de Las Pampas from Come Home
15:53 "Juice of the Barley" by Abby Green from Why Should I?
19:38 "Crossing The Atlantic" by The Ne'er Duwels from The Ne'er Duwels
25:46 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
26:44 "Sing on Johnny" by John Byrne Band from The Immigrant and the Orphan
31:14 "Bully for All/St. Patrick's Day" by Mason Brown from When Humans Walked the Earth
33:40 "Motherland" by Bard & Company from Bard and Whistler
36:59 "Portherhead And Bbc Set" by Burning Bridget Cleary from These Are the Days
40:29 "Paddy's Green Shamrock Shore" by The Fire Inside from Spark
44:45 CELTIC FEEDBACK
46:05 "Big Trip" by The Fretless from The Fretless
49:57 "Don't Go Blamin' Whiskey" by Stout Pounders from Thirst
53:43 "Sometimes the Night Is Wrong" by The Killdares from Steal the Sky
57:06 "Goblin's Inn" by Redhill Rats from Cape Wolf
1:00:55 "Moorlough Shore" by Ockham's Razor from Job's Comforter
1:07:32 "The Hills of Connemara" by Noel Nash and Danny O'Flaherty from St Patrick's Day Anthem
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com..