Mar 2, 2017
Share & Enjoy 17 songs for St Patrick's Day on March 17th with St Patrick's Day Celtic music from We Banjo 3, The Here & Now, Hugh Morrison, Leaping Lulu, Vicki Swan & Jonny Dyer, Jed Marum, The Selkie Girls, Poitin, Shillelagh!, The Wee Heavies, The Gothard Sisters, SeaStar, Skeleton McKee, Dave Wilson & Willie B, O'Hanlons Horsebox, Ren, Sons of Malarkey, The Prodigals. Listen. Like. SHARE. Then download 34 Celtic MP3s for Free!
Subscribe to the Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast.
Every Thursday, you get an hour of awesome Celtic music by some of the best indie Celtic musicians online. Our patrons generously pledge a buck or more per episode to bring these artists into your ears. Their kind support pays for the production of the podcast including time in producing the show. Whenever we hit a milestone, you get an extra-long special. Become a patron today. Because these Celtic musicians deserve to be heard. celticmusicpodcast.com/patron/
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music. My name is Marc Gunn. I am a musician and podcaster. You can share this show and find more episodes at celticmusicpodcast.com. And you can support this show on Patreon.
* CELTIC PODCAST NEWS
* Space is still available on the Celtic Invasion of Brittany. Visit the website to join the adventure!
* If you enjoy the music in this show, you can download every song in this playlist for free when you sign up to the Celtic Music Magazine. Every year, I publish an article called "17 Free Celtic MP3s for St. Patrick's Day". On March 15th, I email it to all of our subscribers as an extra special gift. It is also sneek peak into the albums you get when you are subscribed as a Song Henger on Patreon. You will be able to download the album in a couple weeks, however, when you subscribe you'll also get additional 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Head on over to our website and subscribe today.
* I want to send out a big thanks to the patrons of the podcast. Your generous pledge of as little as $1 per episode pays for the production of this podcast as well as my time in producing the show. You will enjoy a personal podcast feed where you can listen to the show before regular subscribers, occasional extended editions of the show, and my deepest thanks. When we hit a milestone, you get a 2-hour special. Thanks to our newest patron: Eric Patterons and Robert McMahon. Thank you all for your generosity! Become a patron today!
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations. Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763.
0:37 "Island Orchard" by We Banjo 3 from String Theory
5:24 "Little Monster" by The Here & Now from Ladybird
8:49 "Prisoner Song" by Hugh Morrison from Prison Ballads
12:43 "Summer Storm" by Leaping Lulu from Into The West
15:47 "The Golden Glove" by Vicki Swan & Jonny Dyer from Paper of Pins
21:16 "Wild Geese" by Jed Marum from Calla's Waltz
24:52 CELTIC PODCAST NEWS
26:47 "Mo Nighean Donn as Boidhche" by The Selkie Girls from Pirate Queen
30:54 "The Pleasant Month of May" by Poitin from Simple Pleasures
32:54 "Si Beg Si Mor (reprise)/ Banish Misfortune" by Shillelagh! from A Turn of Fortune
37:01 "Bonnie Ship the Diamond" by The Wee Heavies from The Wee Heavies
39:06 “I Courted a Sailor” by The Gothard Sisters from Mountain Rose
43:05 CELTIC FEEDBACK
44:07 "Hjarta og Eldur" by SeaStar from Never Go Back
48:28 "Ireland" by Skeleton McKee from Leave The World Laughing
52:57 "Clare to Here" by Dave Wilson & Willie B from Far From Home
56:13 "The Fighting Boys from Corofin" by O'Hanlons Horsebox from Songs and Stories of the Border
58:44 "My Heart Belongs To Ireland" by Ren from debut single
1:02:00 "Killarney Boys of Pleasure" by Sons of Malarkey from Gulls Lads
1:06:06 "Home to You" by The Prodigals from Brothers
VOTE IN THE CELTIC TOP 20. It's easier than ever to do. Just list the show number, and the name of one bands. That's it. Your vote will help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2017 episode.
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. Promote Celtic culture through music at celticmusicpodcast.com.